Credit Union of America: In 1935, John Michener persuaded a group of Wichita educators to chip in a few dollars each to help a struggling teacher receive a loan. Michener, who at the time served as the science department head at Wichita East High School, was motivated by this incident to form a credit union specifically for other teachers. Later on in that year, Wichita City Teachers Credit Union was incorporated.
Before the first formal branch location could be created, it moved from Michener’s shared office to a closet under the east stairway of the school’s first floor after quickly outgrowing it. The credit union changed its name to Credit Union of America in 1974. (CUA). This demonstrated the broadening of its membership to people from other professions and across the nation.
Read Also: Scott Credit Union
How to Access the Credit Union of America
- First, go to the official page- https://www.cuofamerica.com/
- where you see the sign-in option in the top right corner Or the sign-in page on the left side of this page.
- When you click on the sign-in option, the login page opens.
- On this page, enter your username and password, then click the blue sign-in button.
How to Register a New Account
- If you want to open a new CU of America account, then go to the login page first.
- On the login page, select the “new user” option at the bottom.
- Click on that icon to reach the registration page on your device.
- When you click on that option, the agreement page opens on your screen. Select I agree and click on the continue button.
- When you press the “Continue” button, the registration page appears on your screen.
- Enter your member number, social security number, and date of birth.
then click the continue button
CU of America Links on the Mobile App Store
You can access your online banking, CD & Deposit rates from CU of America using the mobile app.
- Google play store: Download the CU of America App on Android.
- App.Store: Download the CU of America App for Android and iPad.
Credit Union of America Customer Service:
|Hours||Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Address||PO Box 47528|
Wichita, KS 67201-7528
|payment Address||PO Box 660493|
Dallas, TX 75266-0493